I am now six weeks sober! And lovin’ it!
That is not to say I do not get pangs of regrets and yearning for a nice glass of red wine! I do. Lately I have found that I don’t have many cravings and when I do, they pass quickly. BUT, I now find myself dwelling on the fact I can never drink again. NEVER! Now that just sucks. And I’m not entirely sure I can, or want to, do that. Having said that, never drinking again was exactly what I had in mind when I gave it up six weeks ago, and there was, and is, very good reasons for that. It is like now that I have been sober for 6 week I am beginning to think …surely I can just have one drink occasionally. YEAH RIGHT! That worked before didn’t it! OK so this is all the shit running through my mind on a daily basis lately.
So my next step is… what? Just to keep reiterating to myself why I don’t want to drink? How great it feels not to drink? Maybe that is what I have to do! Think about all the times I couldn’t remember the night before, or speaking to someone that was acting like they knew me…. but who are they?… have I met them before? They know my name, so oops it must have been the other night when we were partying at the bar. I hate being that person. If you meet me when I am drunk I would be extrovert, talkative and full of life. The next time you see me, I will act like I don’t know you because in reality I don’t… I don’t remember anything!
OK, I am already feeling better about never drinking again. Good therapy!
Now for positive reinforcement!
Now that I am not drinking I –
- have lost a little weight
- my skin is looking extremely healthy
- the puffiness has gone
- I am feeling very healthy
- my blood pressure has gone down a bit
- I am sleeping better
- My hubby is not telling me off, every morning, about drinking too much the night before.
- I don’t have to stress over having a plan to not drink so much when we go out
- I am getting so much more work done on my travel blogging
- Saving soooooo much money
- And I am sure my liver, kidneys and brain are thanking me for it.
So thanks for listening. xx